Thursday / Friday 16.00–19.00
Saturday / Sunday 12.00–16.00
OPEN CALL: Atelier BABEL 2022/2023
BABEL visningsrom for kunst is happy to announce the third and last round of the three-year project Atelier BABEL, where we offer a Trondheim based artist the opportunity to use BABEL art space as their studio for two months (December 2022/January 2023) followed by an exhibition in February. The selected artist will receive a fee of 100 000 NOK to cover the artist’s salary for the project, dissemination fee and exhibition fee.
What we offer:
• A unique possibility to work in BABEL for two months before an exhibition
• In addition to the gallery rooms in BABEL there is also a black box, a small kitchen and a toilet. Wifi is also available
• The opportunity to exhibit at BABEL
• Access to the workshops at Lademoen Kunstnerverksteder (LKV)
• Feedback and practical help from BABEL’s artistic committee and staff
• Cover production expenses up to 20 000 NOK
• Salary for your work!
What we ask:
• Using BABEL visningsrom for kunst as their main base during December and January
• That the artist produces an exhibition, opening in February following the production period
• That the artist, in collaboration with BABEL staff, arranges one activity for Kulturskolen and one other open event during the production period
• That the artist gives an artist talk during the exhibition period
Application must include:
• Short description of your artistic practice (250 words maximum)
• Project description (600 words maximum)
• Portfolio with a maximum of ten pages/works. Attach time-based works as a link to vimeo or a similar site
• Remember to include a short description of your work (in case of performance, conceptual or if it requires further explanation)
• A short statement describing how participating in Atelier BABEL will benefit your practice
• A budget that highlights the distribution between fees and production costs, as well as any plans for additional financing
All information must be sent as a single PDF file (max 10 MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30th of April 2021.
Name your file as follows: Firstname_Surname_AtelierBABEL.pdf
All artists working in Trondheim can apply, but you must qualify for membership in NBK, NK or similar organizations. The applications will be considered by BABEL’s artistic committee and the project manager for BABEL visningsrom for kunst, Lena Katrine Sokki. A member of the TBK’s art council will participate in the application process.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the application or if you would like to see the venue outside our opening hours. We encourage everyone to get to know the first edition of Atelier BABEL with Veslemøy Lilleengen.
This project is made possible with the support from Kulturfondet. Thank you to Trondheim Municipality.